aright lets get this going... that is before my Christmas baking list grows...lol So last night I was supposed to go shopping yet the weather outside kept saying "no, you need to stay inside and NOT worry about going grocery shopping tonight, just make something extremely fast and snuggle up in a blanket with the hubbs". Of course Mike LOVED the idea, and so PASTA SALAD was born!!!! Lol not really, but yes that is what we had. I know a lot of people either LOVE pasta salad, or really HATE it. We are a family of "Lovers" ;) so naturally we enjoy it! So yet again going through the fridge praying, and hoping that maybe in the depth of this huge monster called the fridge lays some resemblance of veggies, and sandwich meat. YES!!!! We have a winner!!!! I found more food than I actually thought we had! So I got to really, really clean out the fridge. Where now I have room for hundreds of fresh, yummy fruits and veggies. Don’t you just love when what happens?, and so the journey of the Pasta Salad had begun...
Recipe:
-1lb tri-Spiral pasta (we prefer to get the all organic, no bleached flour kind, but honestly you can use whichever one you have on hand)
-1-2lb any lunch meat (sliced in to little strips)
-2 broccoli crowns (separated in to small bite size pieces)
-1 bell pepper(sliced in to little strips)
-1 can of olives (sliced)
-5-7 ounces Parmesan cheese(or as much as you really want :))
-1/2 bag baby carrots (shredded)
-2/3 bottle of Italian Salad Dressing
Directions:
1.Cook the pasta as instructed by the bag
2.Rinse the pasta so it quickly cools, strain
3.Mix everything in a large bowl
4.You could eat it right away, or make it ahead for a party, picnic, work, school. It travels very well :)
5. ENJOY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment